Closures in Pescadero Creek and Sam McDonald Parks
Updated Monday, May 1, 2017
Pescadero Creek Park
Due to recent weather-related damage multiple trails in Pescadero Creek Park have been closed until further notice.
- A sinkhole has appeared on Towne Fire Road making it unsafe for horses and hikers to pass. The trail will be closed from Junctions 52 to 64 until repairs can be made. See a map of the closed section.
- East Brook Trail is closed due to a landslide that has fallen across the trail. In the meantime Town Fire Road should be taken as an alternative route (Junctions 36 to 43).
- Old Haul Road is closed due to a large landslide (see photo, right) just west of the Fall Creek Crossing. Passage along Old Haul Road beyond its intersection with Butano Ridge Trail is blocked.
- Shingle Mill Trail is closed.
- Portola Trail near Fall Creek is closed.
The following facilities are currently closed:
- Tarwater Trail Camp
- Shaw Flat Trail Camps
Sam McDonald Park
Due to a community water issue in County Service Area 7, the restrooms at the Sam McDonald Park Visitor Center are temporarily closed.