Edgewood Park Limited Reopening
Updated Thursday, January 28, 2021
Edgewood Park is currently open for hikers, runners, and horseback riders to enjoy trails. Park visitors are reminded to practice social distancing by keeping appropriate distance from others, not congregating with individuals from other households, carrying a face covering at all times, and giving others space when passing on the trails.
Drop-in picnic sites are open for use by single households only. For your wellbeing and to guard against the spread of COVID-19, we ask that you:
- Bring a reusable table covering for picnic tables
- Bring and use hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes
- Don’t use any areas that are closed or barricaded to support social distancing
- Clean-up when you’re done—dispose of waste in receptacles or take garbage with you and dispose of at home.
- Clean the barbecue area if used
Group gatherings are not allowed at or around drop-in picnic areas. Multiple drop-in picnic sites cannot be occupied by multiple households to form a group picnic gathering.
The inner and outer parking lots are open and the Sunset Gate trailhead is open for residents of Emerald Hills. The restroom near the day use picnic area is open. Clarkia Trail and Edgewood Trail are open, as well as parking at trailheads on Edgewood Rd. and Cañada Rd. The Educational Center remains closed.
Learn more about the limited reopening of San Mateo County Parks »