Safety First for all Crystal Springs Trail Users
Wednesday, March 30, 2016
The three segments (San Andreas, Sawyer Camp and Crystal Springs) of the Crystal Springs Regional Trail are highly popular with various types of users – hikers, joggers, bicyclists, equestrians, and families pushing strollers. We want trail use to be safe for everyone. Be respectful of all on the trail and know the rules of the road:
- Bicyclists should not exceed 15 mph on the trail. Recently, we have had reports of bicyclists riding over the speed limit and of several near miss collisions with hikers.
- Always yield to equestrians by stepping to the edge of the path.
- Bicyclists always yield to other trail users.
- Bicyclists under 18 must wear a helmet.
- Be aware of bicyclists who should announce their presence when approaching from behind other trail users.