Sam McDonald Park Trails Reopen
Updated Friday, January 29, 2021
Sam McDonald Park is currently open for hikers, runners, and horseback riders to enjoy trails. Restrooms at the Sam McDonald Visitor Center have reopened following construction. The main parking lot at the park entrance and the Heritage Grove Trail parking lot on Alpine Road are open.
Drop-in picnic sites are open for use by single households only. For your wellbeing and to guard against the spread of COVID-19, we ask that you:
- Bring a reusable table covering for picnic tables
- Bring and use hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes
- Don’t use any areas that are closed or barricaded to support social distancing
- Clean-up when you’re done—dispose of waste in receptacles or take garbage with you and dispose of at home.
- Clean the barbecue area if used
Group gatherings are not allowed at or around drop-in picnic areas. Multiple drop-in picnic sites cannot be occupied by multiple households to form a group picnic gathering.
Learn more about the limited reopening of San Mateo County Parks »