2020-21 Take A Hike Challenge
Because of the pandemic we had to suspend our annual Take A Hike season. Instead, we would like to present the first ever Take A Hike Challenge! We have selected seven hiking routes in our parks to introduce you to the variety and beauty of your San Mateo County Parks! A special reward is available for those who complete the entire #2020TakeAHikeChallenge.
Follow these steps to complete the challenge:
- We recommend you download the free OuterSpatial App (learn more). This app has all the challenge routes and locations available. You can also download the route maps below.
- Plan ahead for your hike.
- Some trail routes may be easier and some harder. Try your best to complete the route and if you’re looking for a longer hike try exploring other parts of the park.
- You can complete the challenge in any order you prefer! We will be highlighting a different park each month, but you do not need to complete that park in that month.
- San Bruno Mountain and Junipero Serra Parks have $6 vehicle entrance fees and the rest do not. Entry to all our parks is free on National Public Lands Day (September 26th 2020) and OptOutside Friday (November 27th, the day after Thanksgiving).
- Some parks allow dogs and others do not. Check out the individual pages for each park for more information! Learn more about Dog Access in County Parks.
- Take a selfie or group photo at the designated spot. See the photos below for where to take your picture.
- Share your photo on social media with the hashtag #TakeAHikeChallenge and the hashtag at the particular park, for example #SanBrunoMountain.
- To report your completed challenge and to submit for a prize, please fill out this form and email your challenge photos to email@example.com.
Those who complete 4 of the 7 hikes will get a pair of sunglasses and a camp mug, while those who have completed them all will get sunglasses, a camp mug, and a picnic blanket. The deadline to complete the Take A Hike Challenge and claim your prizes is March 31st 2021.