2020-21 Take A Hike Challenge
Because of the pandemic we had to suspend our annual Take A Hike season. Instead, we would like to present the first ever Take A Hike Challenge! We have selected seven hiking routes in our parks to introduce you to the variety and beauty of your San Mateo County Parks! A special reward is available for those who complete the entire #2020TakeAHikeChallenge.
Follow these steps to complete the challenge:
- We recommend you download the free OuterSpatial App (learn more). This app has all the challenge routes and locations available. You can also download the route maps below.
- Plan ahead for your hike.
- Some trail routes may be easier and some harder. Try your best to complete the route and if you’re looking for a longer hike try exploring other parts of the park.
- You can complete the challenge in any order you prefer! We will be highlighting a different park each month, but you do not need to complete that park in that month.
- San Bruno Mountain and Junipero Serra Parks have $6 vehicle entrance fees and the rest do not. Entry to all our parks is free on National Public Lands Day (September 26th 2020) and OptOutside Friday (November 20th - Day after Thanksgiving).
- Some parks allow dogs and others do not. Check out the individual pages for each park for more information! Learn more about Dog Access in County Parks.
- Take a selfie or group photo at the designated spot. See the photos below for where to take your picture.
- Share your photo on social media with the hashtag #TakeAHikeChallenge and the hashtag at the particular park, for example #SanBrunoMountain.
- To report your completed challenge and to submit for a prize, please fill out this form and email your challenge photos to email@example.com.
Those who complete 4 of the 7 hikes will get a pair of sunglasses and a camp mug, while those who have completed them all will get sunglasses, a camp mug, and a picnic blanket. The deadline to complete the Take A Hike Challenge and claim your prizes is March 31st 2021.