Huddart and Wunderlich County Parks Forest Health and Fuel Reduction Projects Webinar
Thursday, June 10, 2021 - 7:00pm
Join us for a meeting to discuss forest health and resiliency in parkland, and the planned actions that will be underway this year to achieve these forest health objectives in Huddart and Wunderlich County Parks
The San Mateo Resource Conservation District and San Mateo County Parks have been working collaboratively on implementing a large-scale forest health project in these two parks. This webinar will discuss the details and benefits of this project, the partnership, what to expect at the park in the coming months, and any questions you may have!
The project benefits include:
- Improving forest health conditions and increasing forest carbon storage;
- Reducing wildfire risk to adjacent communities;
- Regionally addressing wildfire fuel reduction by strategically placing project sites across the Santa Cruz Mountains
- Reducing wildfire risks and providing conservation benefits to ecosystem services that support water supply, storm flow conveyance, and habitat for endangered species;
- Treating pest and disease damaged areas that will increase the pace of reforestation
This webinar will cover some of the project details that were discussed in the previous webinar, but will provide more detail on the implementation and management of the projects as well. Check out our previous webinar on this topic.
If you are interested in learning about other fuel reduction efforts planned within County Parks properties, please visit our website. We will continue to add information here as additional projects on our priority list are planned for implementation.
Send us any questions prior to the webinar to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also be answering questions received during the webinar.