Visiting Coyote Point Recreation Area
Directions to the Park:
When coming to Coyote Point from the north (San Francisco), use Highway 101 South. Take the Poplar Avenue exit. Turn right onto Humbolt until Peninsula Avenue. Turn right onto Peninsula Avenue. Go over the freeway, and then circle around and into the Park.
When coming to Coyote Point from the south (San Jose), use Highway 101 North. Take the Peninsula Avenue exit. Turn right onto Airport Blvd. Turn left onto Coyote Point Drive to the park.
SamTrans buses provide service to key destinations throughout San Mateo County and San Francisco, such as work, schools, malls, civic centers and parks. Please visit SamTrans web site to find out how you can take one of their buses to this park.
Contact the Park:
Coyote Point Recreation Area is open every day of the year including all holidays. It opens daily at 8:00 A.M. The closing time varies by time of year. Certain facilities within the park have different schedules. The park's closing times are:
- December - February 5:00 P.M.
- March 6:00 P.M. (before Daylight Savings Time starts)
- March 7:00 P.M. (after Daylight Savings Time starts)
- April - August 7:00 P.M.
- September 8:00 P.M. (through Labor Day)
- September 7:00 P.M. (beginning the day after Labor Day)
- October 7:00 P.M. (first week[s] of October)
- October 6:00 P.M. (last three weeks of October)
- November 6:00 P.M. (before Daylight Saving Time ends)
- November 5:00 P.M. (after Daylight Saving Time ends)