Visiting Edgewood Park & Natural Preserve
Directions to the Park:
When coming to Edgewood from the north (San Francisco), use Highway 280. Turn off at the Edgewood Road exit. Turn eastbound on Edgewood Road (towards San Carlos and Redwood City). Proceed approximately 1.5 miles. The main park entrance will be on the south side of the road.
When coming to Edgewood from the south (San Jose), use Highway 280. Turn off at the Edgewood Road exit. Turn eastbound on Edgewood Road (towards San Carlos and Redwood City). Proceed approximately 1.5 miles. The main park entrance will be on the south side of the road.
SamTrans buses provide service to key destinations throughout San Mateo County and San Francisco, such as work, schools, malls, civic centers and parks. Please visit SamTrans website to find out how you can take one of their buses to this park.
Contact the Park:
Edgewood Park and Natural Preserve opens at 8:00 A.M. every day throughout the year (holidays included). The closing time varies by time of year. The closing times are:
- December - February 5:00 P.M.
- March 6:00 P.M. (before Daylight Savings Time starts)
- March 7:00 P.M. (after Daylight Savings Time starts)
- April - August 8:00 P.M.
- September 8:00 P.M. (through Labor Day)
- September 7:00 P.M. (beginning the day after Labor Day)
- October 7:00 P.M. (first week[s] of October)
- October 6:00 P.M. (last three weeks of October)
- November 6:00 P.M. (before Daylight Saving Time ends)
- November 5:00 P.M. (after Daylight Saving Time ends)
Park hours of operations may also change based on a variety of conditions, such as weather or emergencies. For current information check parks advisories »