Visiting Pillar Point Bluff
Directions to the Park:
From Half Moon Bay, go north on Highway 1 for six miles. After passing the Half Moon Airport and Cabrillo Farms, turn left onto Cypress Avenue. After 0.3 miles, turn left onto Airport Street and continue for 0.9 miles. A parking lot and Jean Lauer Trail staging area will be on the right.
The California Coastal Trail (along Airport St.) is open 24 hours a day. The Jean Lauer Trail that runs along the bluff is open from sunrise to sunset. The parking lot off Airport St. opens daily at 8am and closes at various hours according to the time of year:
- December - February 5:00 P.M.
- March 6:00 P.M. (before Daylight Savings Time starts)
- March 7:00 P.M. (after Daylight Savings Time starts)
- April - August 7:00 P.M.
- September 8:00 P.M. (through Labor Day)
- September 7:00 P.M. (beginning the day after Labor Day)
- October 7:00 P.M. (first week[s] of October)
- October 6:00 P.M. (last three weeks of October)
- November 6:00 P.M. (before Daylight Saving Time ends)
- November 5:00 P.M. (after Daylight Saving Time ends)
Park hours of operations may also change based on a variety of conditions, such as weather or emergencies. For current information check parks advisories »
Contact the Park:
(650) 355-8289 (San Pedro Valley Park Office Phone)
There is no viewing or spectating allowed from Pillar Point Bluff during the Mavericks Surf Competition.