Visiting Devil's Slide Trail
Devil's Slide Trail is located off of Highway 1 between Pacifica and Montara.
From the North
From Highway 280, take Highway 1 South.
From the South
From 92 West, take Highway 1 North.
Trail visitors are encouraged to take public transit on Saturdays and Sundays because parking is limited and fills up quickly.
- The City of Pacifica no longer operates a shuttle service to Devil’s Slide Trail. At this time, the only public transportation service available is provided by SamTrans Route 17 on Highway 1. For more information visit SamTrans Schedules & Maps.
Limited parking can be found by off of Highway 1 on either side of the Tom Lantos Tunnels. The south lot is accessible from both north- and southbound Highway 1, while the north lot is only accessible from southbound Highway 1.
Please note: Parking lots are closed during off hours.
Devil's Slide Trail is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round including all holidays. The parking lots, however, open daily at 8:00 A.M. and close at various times depending on the time of year. The closing times for the parking lots are:
- December - February 5:00 P.M.
- March 6:00 P.M. (before Daylight Savings Time starts)
- March 7:00 P.M. (after Daylight Savings Time starts)
- April - August 8:00 P.M.
- September 8:00 P.M. (through Labor Day)
- September 7:00 P.M. (beginning the day after Labor Day)
- October 7:00 P.M. (first week[s] of October)
- October 6:00 P.M. (last three weeks of October)
- November 6:00 P.M. (before Daylight Saving Time ends)
- November 5:00 P.M. (after Daylight Saving Time ends)
Park hours of operations may also change based on a variety of conditions, such as weather or emergencies. For current information check parks advisories »