Parks Commission Rules & Procedures
Instructions for Public Comment During Videoconference Meetings
During the COVID-19 pandemic the Commission will hold its meetings via videoconference on Zoom. During videoconference meetings, members of the public may address the Parks and Recreation Commission members as follows:
Written public comments may be emailed in advance of the meeting. Please read the following instructions carefully:
1. Your written comment should be emailed to email@example.com.
2. Your email should include the specific agenda item on which you are commenting, or note that your comment concerns an item that is not on the agenda or is on the consent agenda.
3. Members of the public are limited to one comment per agenda item.
4. The length of the emailed comment should be commensurate with the two minutes customarily allowed for verbal comments, which is approximately 250-300 words.
5. If your emailed comment is received at least 24 hours prior to the meeting, it will be provided to the Parks and Recreation Commission members and made publicly available on the Parks and Recreation Commission website along with the agenda. We cannot guarantee that e-mails received less than 24 hours before the meeting will be read during the meeting but such emails will still be included in the administrative record of the meeting.
Spoken public comments will be accepted during the meeting through Zoom. For instructions on how to make a spoken comment follow the instructions included at the end of the meeting agenda.
Signing up to speak to the Commission and time limits
For the orderly recognition of members of the public who wish to speak before the Commission, speakers are asked to fill out a speaker request form and give it to the Commission Clerk. However, speakers may elect not to identify themselves by name. The form is available in the entryway area for the meeting room. Public comment is generally limited to two minutes per speaker, although the Commission Chair may modify this time limit in order to accommodate all speakers. Prearranged presentations are generally 10 minutes.
Communicating with Commissioners
If you wish for your written communication or materials to be distributed to all Commissioners, please email such communication or materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail them to the address listed on this page, for receipt at least two business days prior to the Commission meeting. See the Commission's public correspondence »
For PowerPoint presentations, you need to provide the Commission Clerk a USB flash drive 30 minutes prior to the meeting start or via email by 5:00 p.m. the day prior to the meeting. Electronic formats must be PC compatible.
Public records that relate to any item on the open session agenda for a regular Parks Commission meeting are available for public inspection. Those records that are distributed less than 72 hours prior to the meeting are available for public inspection at the same time they are distributed to all members, or a majority of the members of the Commission. The Commission has designated the office of the Parks Department, located at 455 County Center, 4th Floor, Redwood City, CA 94063, for the purpose of making those public records available for inspection. These documents are also available to be sent electronically. Contact the Commission Clerk.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), auxiliary aids and services for this meeting will be provided upon request when Department is given three days’ notice. Please call the Parks Department main line at (650) 363-4020 (voice) or e-mail ParksandRecreation@smcgov.org.
For the safety of those sensitive to airborne chemicals, please refrain from wearing chemically based products.
455 County Center, 4th Floor
Redwood City, CA 94063
(650) 363-4020 / ParksandRecreation@smcgov.org