Memorial Holiday Message from Parks Director Nicholas Calderon
Friday, May 22, 2020
I want to thank park visitors who have been great about doing what’s needed to keep our parks safe and open. I’ve been on the trails and have seen most people keeping six feet apart and wearing or carrying face coverings.
As we get ready for this first major holiday weekend since the shelter in place order, I want to share some tips for a fun and safe outdoor experience:
- Plan your outing—have an alternate outdoor destination if your first choice is crowded.
- Bring water, a face covering and hand sanitizer.
- Visit early in the day. Trails are often less crowded, and temperatures are cooler in the morning.
- Share the park. Spend a little less time in the park so others can use the trails, too.
- Be considerate of others. Walk in single file on narrow and one-way trails and put on face coverings when you can’t achieve 6 feet distance.
- Help us keep parks clean. Use a trash can if available, otherwise pack out what you pack in.
Remember, we’re all in this together—working to keep parks safe and open.
San Mateo County Parks Director
Learn about the May 4 limited reopening of San Mateo County Parks »