Memorial Park Limited Reopening
Update Monday July 6, 2020
Memorial Park is currently open for hikers and runners to enjoy trails. In order to promote social distancing, trails may temporarily operate in one direction only. This is to ensure that trail users can achieve 6 feet of distance between each other when passing on the narrow path. Watch for more information posted at park kiosks and trail heads.
Drop-in picnic sites are open for use by single households only. For your wellbeing and to guard against the spread of COVID-19, we ask that you:
- Bring a reusable table covering for picnic tables
- Bring and use hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes
- Don’t use any areas that are closed or barricaded to support social distancing
- Clean-up when you’re done—dispose of waste in receptacles or take garbage with you and dispose of at home
- Clean the barbecue area if used
In keeping with current San Mateo County Health Orders and state guidelines, group gatherings are not allowed at or around drop-in picnic areas. Multiple drop-in picnic sites cannot be occupied by multiple households to form a group picnic gathering.
The restroom at the ranger station is open for public use. All reservation picnic sites and the Visitor Center/Nature Center remain closed.
The following nearby parking lots are open to the public:
- Sam McDonald Park: The Heritage Grove Trail parking lot on Alpine Road.
- Pescadero Creek Park: The Hoffman Flat trailhead and Tarwater trailhead parking lots.
- Loma Mar Redwoods: The parking area adjacent to the Loma Mar Redwoods.
Learn more about the limited reopening of San Mateo County Parks »