Park Services Expanded
Updated Tuesday, June 23, 2021
As of June 15, more San Mateo County Park Department services and programs are available, including special event reservations and group camping.
Our website can be used to access most administrative services, such as making reservations, purchasing park passes, and finding information about parks and trails (see all park advisories). Parks staff members are available by phone and email, Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and appointments for in-person service can be made.
General in Park Services
- All restrooms and drop-in picnic areas are open (except in construction zones).
- Two-way hiking will resume on all trails.
- Reservations for picnic sites for June 15 and later can be made now.
- Reservations for special events for June 15 and later can be made now in accordance with department guidelines.
- Reservations for jump/bounce houses for June 15 and later can be made now in accordance with department guidelines.
Reservations can be made up to six months in advance.
Reservations will be accepted for group camping at Memorial Park's Wurr Flat beginning midnight June 21 online:
- Camping begins July 1 at Wurr Flatt #2
- Camping begins July 29 at Wurr Flat #1
Wurr Flat reservations are non changeable and non refundable. Toyon Group sites are not reopening this season.
Group campgrounds at Huddart Park remain closed.
Youth Group Camping
Reservations for the following youth group campsites will be accepted at 650-363-4021 M-Th 7:30am - 5pm, beginning June 21:
- Camping begins July 1 at San Pedro Valley and San Bruno Mountain.
- Camping begins July 29 at Homestead, site 6 at Memorial Park
Reservations for youth day camp areas will be accepted at 650-363-4021, beginning June 21:
- Day camping begins July 1 at Huddart Park and Junipero Serra Park (Oak Cove only).
Youth Sites require 501 (c) proof and can only be reserved by through our reservation line.