Sam McDonald Park Trails Reopen
Updated Wednesday, July 22, 2020
On Monday, May 4, Sam McDonald Park reopened for hikers, runners, and horseback riders to enjoy trails. Jack Brook Horse Camp and Sam McDonald Visitor Center remain closed. The main parking lot at the park entrance and the Heritage Grove Trail parking lot on Alpine Road are open. One of two restrooms at the ranger station is open for public use.
On Monday, June 29, drop-in picnic sites will open for use by single households only. For your wellbeing and to guard against the spread of COVID-19, we ask that you:
- Bring a reusable table covering for picnic tables
- Bring and use hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes
- Don’t use any areas that are closed or barricaded to support social distancing
- Clean-up when you’re done—dispose of waste in receptacles or take garbage with you and dispose of at home.
- Clean the barbecue area if used
In keeping with current San Mateo County Health Orders and state guidelines, group gatherings are not allowed at or around drop-in picnic areas. Multiple drop-in picnic sites cannot be occupied by multiple households to form a group picnic gathering.
Learn more about the limited reopening of San Mateo County Parks »