San Bruno Mountain Park Limited Reopening
Updated Wednesday, December 16, 2020
San Bruno Mountain Park is currently open, allowing visitors to enjoy hiking, running, and horseback riding on trails. In order to promote social distancing, trails will temporarily operate in one direction only. This is to ensure that trail users can achieve 6 feet of distance between each other when passing on the narrow path. Watch for more information posted at park kiosks and trail heads. View the temporary one-way trail system map »
Radio Road, which gives access to the top of the mountain, remains closed to vehicular traffic but open to cyclists. The restroom at the main entrance is open to the public.
Drop-in picnic sites are open for use by single households only. For your wellbeing and to guard against the spread of COVID-19, we ask that you:
- Bring a reusable table covering for picnic tables
- Bring and use hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes
- Don’t use any areas that are closed or barricaded to support social distancing
- Clean-up when you’re done—dispose of waste in receptacles or take garbage with you and dispose of at home.
- Clean the barbecue area if used
In keeping with the current Regional Stay at Home Order, group gatherings are not allowed at or around drop-in picnic areas. Multiple drop-in picnic sites cannot be occupied by multiple households to form a group picnic gathering.
The upper parking lot is closed. The lower parking lot is open.
Learn more about the limited reopening of San Mateo County Parks »