Making Communities Wildfire-safe
- 200 workdays dedicated to
- Construct new fuel breaks at Quarry and Edgewood Parks.
- Create shaded fuel breaks at Huddart and Wunderlich Parks.
- 50 to 60 workdays dedicated to fire preparedness.
- 3 new fire trails built in Quarry, San Pedro Valley, and Pescadero Creek Parks.
- Deploy Measure K funded masticator that clears vegetation.
- 190 acres of vegetation and 940 hazardous trees removed at Quarry, Wunderlich, Huddart and San Pedro Valley Parks.
- 9 miles of fire trails improved at Pillar Point Bluff, Mirada Surf, Huddart and Wunderlich Parks.
- $190,000 of Measure K Funds to remove hazardous trees and fire fuels.