Fostering Ecosystem Health & Community Safety
- 200 workdays dedicated to
- Construct new fuel breaks at Quarry and Edgewood Parks.
- Create shaded fuel breaks at Huddart and Wunderlich Parks.
- 50 to 60 workdays dedicated to fire preparedness.
- 3 new fire trails built in Quarry, San Pedro Valley, and Pescadero Creek Parks.
- Deploy Measure K funded masticator that clears vegetation.
- 190 acres of vegetation and 940 hazardous trees removed at Quarry, Wunderlich, Huddart and San Pedro Valley Parks.
- 9 miles of fire trails improved at Pillar Point Bluff, Mirada Surf, Huddart and Wunderlich Parks.
- $190,000 of Measure K Funds to remove hazardous trees and fire fuels.
This project is part of the Emergency Proclamation issued by Governor Gavin Newsom, which directed CAL FIRE to immediately implement projects that were systematically identified as high priority fuels reduction projects to protect over 200 of California's most wildfire-vulnerable communities. Learn more »